To actively promote Christ-centered health care in the public square and in the marketplace.
Christ Centered Health and Health Caring - Why?
Christ Centered Caring – How?
- Simply stated our whole health and wellbeing, bodily and spiritually is truly dependent on the active presence of God in our daily lives.
- Christ centered caring is grounded in sacrificial love and our dedication to the promotion and protection of all human life as sacred from the moment of conception to natural death. Life and health are gifts, gifts from God's pure love. Successful, best practice Health and Health Caring Management must focus on the health of the whole person, whole health: physical, spiritual and moral wellbeing.
- Daily life and the caring for each other take place in community, (God, self, brothers and sisters) and in commerce—the transaction of daily life. This observation is a living truth for each and every person. It is in its best sense a true recognition of Christ's instruction to: "give to Caesar what is Caesars and to God what is Gods".
- If we are to succeed in the delivery of Christ Centered Health Caring we must understand that it is not enough to define the objective, but rather it is a requirement that we set out to light and toil in the path of achievement. That is, how do we successfully establish, manage and promote the growth of Christ Centered Health Care and Health Caring in the market place – in daily living – in community and in commerce. This realization is Christus Medicus' dedication, passion and know how.
- Some, many, will ask why? Why do you, now, only now set out to truly establish a National Health Care Plan dedicated to Christ Centered Health Care and Health Caring? Do we not already have Christian founded hospitals and caring Christian doctors who already care for us in a Christ centered way?
- Yes, we have been blessed by individual health care providers who continue to struggle in the market place to truly provide Christ Centered Care and Caring. This reality is a testament to our Faith and the character of individual health care providers. However, over the last 30 years, our society; through both the definition of the secular community, (self), and secular commerce (greed) has progressively adopted a robust culture of death, reinforced by, law, regulations and market transactions, commerce - money. Truly, the intentional and willful removal of God, from community and commerce has great consequences, sin begets sin and brokenness. This removal of God is critical in the brokenness of our health care system itself. This same brokenness, removal of God is reflected directly in the context of abortion. One simply must ask would we, in the United States experience 4,400 abortions each and every day, if doctors were not paid to perform abortions and progressively supported in this action by political and legal foundations. Said differently we have 4,400 abortions a day and the popular supply of "Health Care Services" that are in direct conflict with Christian moral teachings, due to a culture of death founded in the active removal of God and the direct promotion of political and legal authority and financial transactions, rewards.
- The good news, however, is the promise of America: the right of all to life and liberty, inclusive of the right to religious freedom and free markets.
- Foundational, is the observation that free markets are driven by market demand, the people and market share.
- Also, foundational is the realization that still today, our Religious Liberty and Right of Individual Conscience remains, if not substantively marginalized, protected in law and in the political consensus.
- The under pinning's of law and political consensus that have protected Religious Liberty and the Right of Individual Conscience continue, however, to be aggressively attacked by those who progressively promote and expand a Godless culture of death within our society grounded in human suffering and constituency dependency. The successful efforts of the U.S. Congress in 2007-2008 to expand SCHIP and the 2009 effort to politically and socially define, National Health Care Reform, as manifested; objectively represented an aggressive attack on Religious Liberty, the Right of Individual Conscience and Parental Rights. This effort clearly reflects a conscious objective to promote a dominant, legal and commercial foundation to continue to actively promote, expand, and support the culture of death through Health Care Reform Policy.
- The Christus Medicus Foundation believes and adopts the fundamental premise that the delivery of Christ Centered Health Care and Health Caring is a Christian, faith responsibility. That is, it is our responsibility as Christians to assure the presence of Christ Centered Health Care and Health Caring in the market place. Further we strongly believe, that the active practice of our faith, in daily life, in accordance with our Right of Individual Conscience and our Right to Religious Liberty must not be discriminated against in public policy, law, regulation or through government funding.
- Christus Medicus clearly supports all continued efforts to reform and improve the delivery of Health Care Services to all Americans, through the provisions of universal access to best practice Health Care Services, that are affordable, charitable, Christ Centered in life, and focused on the essential role and responsibility of the individual, in the cherished management of the gifts of life and health provided by God. As Christian stewards it is our direct responsibility to actively invest in our individual improved Health, improved Health Care and improved Health Care Security. Through Christian community (God, Self, Brothers and Sisters) and Commerce we dedicate this Foundation and specifically Christus Medicus ActiveCare to the successful promotion of the true presence of Christ Centered Health Care and Caring, in the marketplace, through the provision of best practice management services, focused on the delivery of improved individual Health, Health Care and the Health Care Security of each person we serve. It is all about the whole health and whole wellbeing of every whole person, each and every one as a child of God.
- The simple answer to the effective and successful achievement of Christ Centered Health Care and Health Caring is Christ Centered Community (God, Self, Brothers and Sisters) and Commerce. This success requires Gods presence in daily life and in the daily transaction of health caring. Health Care Commerce is in fact defined by the Health care Plan, the financial relationship of the patient/participant, the doctor and the hospital/facility provider. Christ Centered Health Care Commerce requires a Christ Centered Health Plan.
- Experts in the areas of health care, faith, economics, health plan management systems infrastructure, improved health and wellbeing, design and plan management, health education and patient engagement have all come together with Christian leaders to form a national Christ Centered Health Plan known as Christus Medicus -ActiveCare.
Christus Medicus - ActiveCare is a national health care plan, built on a national service platform yet customized to local and regional, faith and market/leadership requirements. All health care is intimate to the individual and to the individual within his/her community. Successful Health Care and Health Caring is a passionate business, it is local and regional in nature yet demands best practice both regional and national centers of excellence. Most critical is the intimate doctor/patient relationship and the role of the primary care doctor in the active engagement of the patient, in improved individual health, health care and whole wellbeing.
The Christus Medicus - ActiveCare Plan works to empower the practice of faith in the intimacy of the patient/doctor relationship of health caring, stewardship. This effort is achieved by working directly with selected best practice doctors and hospitals that work in the communities we service. The Christus Medicus - ActiveCare Plan and management systems are customized to the needs and requirements of each and every community we serve, empowering Christ Centered Care through your doctor, you and your family.
To learn more about Christus Medicus - ActiveCare or the Christus Medicus Foundation please contact us at:
Christus Medicus Foundation
c/o Mike O'Dea
P.O. Box 2606
Southfield, MI 48037
Phone: (248) 478-5959